Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meet Our 2011 Novices - Nature Busiku


My name is Nature Joseph Busiku and I am 26, and I come from Zambia. I am the fourth-born in a family of eight, five female and three male. I was born in the southern part of Zambia in the city of Livingstone, the tourist capital of Zambia.
My mother and late father are both from the south and they were not well educated. My father passed on when I was about ten year of age and was in grade three. I missed my father very much. Four years later I was baptized, and a year after I was confirmed. I joined a number of groups in the parish (youth, liturgy, vocations, English choir) and for eight years I’ve been an altar boy and catechizer. In the parish I’ve also been doing small jobs like decorating and projects for the parish. I like cooking, singing and art.
Having completed school, I joined Youth Alive Zambia in Livingstone as a volunteer facilitator. We were looking after the poor, people living with HIV/AIDS in communities and the elderly. We used to conduct programmes for behavior change in schools of different denominations, institutions and colleges. I also did a Certificate programme in Hotel & Catering Management for two years.
I came to know the Christian Brothers when I was still at school and in 2009 I was invited for a workshop and the Come and See programme. I was accepted for postulancy in 2010, and now here I am in Ghana trying to discover my vocation in the footsteps of Jesus and Edmund Rice.

No comments: