Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meet the 2011 Novices - Belamino Muunga



I am Bonaventure Belamino Muunga, and I was born in 1989 in the Northern part of Zambia. We are eleven children in our family, three girls and eight boys. I started my primary school in 1997 in the central part of Zambia. When I qualified to grade eight, I went to Kapiri basic school until the end of 2005. In 2006 I started secondary school at Ituna High school where I obtained my secondary school certificate.

After completing school I did a certificate in computers. During this period I was in a Vocations Club and already in contact with the Christian Brothers. In August 2009 they invited me for the two months Come and See programme at Moreau House in Mazabuka. The prayer life, pastoral work, community living and other activities at Moreau House deepened my understanding of the Christian Brothers. In January 2010 I started my Pre-Novitiate, and in October 2010 I applied for the Novitiate and I was accepted and assigned to do my Novitiate in Tamale, Ghana. And here I am as a Novice, looking forward to learning more as I am discerning my vocation of being a Christian Brother.

No comments: