Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meet Our 2011 Novices - Jonethan Vandy


My name is Jonethan David Vandy and I was born in 1984 in Bo District, in the south of Sierra Leone. I am Mende by ethnicity.
My parents also come from the southern part of Sierra Leone. My primary and secondary Schooling took place in Bo, and I obtained the West African Certificate on successful completion of Junior and Senior Secondary Education.
I have four Brothers and three sisters and I am the fourth born in a family which is strongly Catholic by religion. I was an active member of St.Theresa’s parish choir in the Bo District. Singing is one of my hobbies, others being reading and watching movies.
It was through former Vocation Director Brother Prince Tarawalie that I came into contact with the Christian Brothers in 2005, and it was his encouragement that inspired me to seek more about the Christian Brothers.

No comments: