Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meet Our 2011 Novices - Abazo Kamara



Joseph Abass Kamara is my name, but I am known as Abazo. I have three sisters and four brothers, all of whom presently are living in Freetown, Sierra Leone. It was there I was born on September 24th, 1982. I was later taken to the northern town of Lunsar by my parents to be raised there. I completed my primary schooling and began my secondary education there, but due to the death of my father I was transferred to Freetown. After completing my secondary school, I decided to return to Lunsar where I started to teach in a school. Even though I was untrained and unqualified, I was in charge of religious studies. Finding that I loved teaching, I enrolled in Teacher Training College completed my teacher’s certificate in 2009. I really love teaching as a profession and my heart has been longing to engage in it. Here in Tamale, I have been happy to be assigned in teaching ministry.

I came in contact with the Christian Brothers through reading the life of Blessed Edmund Rice, a man who was moved by the Holy Spirit to open his whole heart to Christ Jesus present and appealing to him in the poor. I was encouraged to enter the life of the Christian Brothers by Br. Joseph Ture, who is now working in Yengema in Sierra Leone, and by Br. Peter Kabia, who is also working in Freetown.

No comments: