Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Meet Our 2011 Novices - Lamin Tholley


I was born on the 11th of August 1978 and am the second-born son of Mr. and Mrs. Ibrahim Tholley. I have two younger sisters and one brother. I belong to the Temne tribe. My home is in the Northern Province of Sierra Leone in a town called Mile 91, so named because it is 91 miles from the capital city, Freetown.
My primary and secondary education, from 1984 to1998, was all in Catholic schools. Much later, in 2008, I attained a Teacher’s Certificate (TC) in the Northern Polytechnic (Makeni Campus). The subject I like teaching is Physical Health Education and also I am a skilled carpenter.
I have a patch of land at home where I cultivate rice, cassava and potatoes as food crops. I have also planted palm trees, mangoes, bananas and jack-fruits trees. I also maintain a fish pond. My hobbies are reading and writing. I enjoy a game of volleyball. I have organized concerts with children.
I am now with the Christian Brothers, in their novitiate in the city of Tamale, Ghana.

No comments: