Thursday, March 5, 2009

Trip to Kintampo Waterfalls

March the 3rd has been one of the good moments in Ghana when the community set off for Kintampo waterfalls. After a 2 hour drive it was Akwaaba (welcome) to Kintampo - Ghana’s famous falls. The falls were discovered in the 18th century on the Pumpum river. The caution was given “let us protect our beautiful natural resources”.
We first went to stage 1 of the waterfalls, after which we went to stage 3 which requires going down 152 steps constructed by Taysec in 1996. Feelings of anxiety filled the men and the coming up was exhausting. The pleasure trip at the aforesaid falls was really exciting and on the other hand reflective to me.
It was interesting as the water seemed to be increasing as it is said that “its volume rises depending on the number of people” This gave the men zeal to sit and enjoy the fast running water. The cool chilling breeze was great.
Praise to the spirit of the great waters, womb of all life, power to dissolve boundaries, to taste and to feel, to cleanse and to heal, great blissful darkness of peace.
I believe that the earth does not belong to me, instead I belong to the earth. Whatever befalls the earth befalls me. I did not weave the web of life but I am a mere strand in it. The tour taught me one lesson enough for all earth lovers “I have no right to contaminate this lovely mother, because if I spit on the ground, I spit on myself.
(Sydney)

No comments: