Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Celebrating Namibia Day in ‘elamaT’

This sound weird, isn’t it? For most I’m sure your eyes are as big as doughnuts but hey it’s normal. It’s good to be astonished at times.
This year marked the first time for me to celebrate the independence of my motherland outside the country. For the fist time in my one and a half month stay I felt home sick, but thanks to the company of the ‘elamaT’ novitiate community the day was so extra-ordinary and special.
“Namibia - land of the brave”, once a colony of Germany and later occupied by South Africa's apartheid government, gained full independence on 21st March 1990 in conjunction with South Africa's withdrawal from Angola with Dr Sam Nujoma as the first President. Namibia is one of Africa's most developed and stable countries, with a stable multiparty parliamentary democracy and an estimated population of 1,820,916. “Glory to their bravery whose blood waters our Freedom”.
Thanks to Br. Vivek for the lovely background music from the Mascato Choir, it really made me feel at home as the novices were enjoying the ‘clicks’. It made me enjoy the night even more as I was the last person to go to bed. “Contrasting beautiful Namibia…Beloved land of savannahs” may God bless you abundantly together with the sons and daughters of all Africa.

Jesusubab sada #gaogu !na ha….. /amos kose
(Live Jesus in our hearts….Forever)
(Jordaan)

No comments: