Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Our Sympathies to Phelix and the Odera Family

On the 26th of Januray we received the sad news that Mr Dickens Odera, the father of Phelix, passed away after a brief period of illness. He had suffered two strokes in January. I will let Phelix take up the account from here ...


"My dad gradually accepted his soul to join our ancestors. The first stroke effected the right side of his body and the second his left. Before he went to his final sleep, my Dad had made the necessary arrangement with the family and so when God finally called him, despite the political problems in Kenya at that moment, dad's body was laid to rest peacefully in our family compound on the 7th of Feb.
The requiem service was conducted by the Anglican church. I wish to thank the brothers, the formation team and my fellow novices for the fratenal love shown me during that time when I needed it most. Thanks to the brothers of the East Africa District for the support given to me from the time I landed in Kenya until I left back for Tamale.
The presence of Brs. Tom Kearney and Herman Odhiambo when my father was lowered back to mother earth was a great sign of brotherly love and concern."

We continue to pray that the soul of Mr Dickens Odera rest peacefully in the gentle embrace of his loving God, and we assure the Odera family especially Phelix's mother Mrs Beatrice Odera of our constant prayers and support in this time of grief.

No comments: