Friday, March 21, 2008

Our New Congregation Leadership Team (CLT)

Congratulations to our Brothers who have accepted the responsibilty of guiding the Congregation over the next 6 years. For the first time in our history we have an African brother on the CLT.

The new CLT has Br Philip Pinto (Congregation Leader), Br Jack Mostyn (Deputy Congregation Leader), Br Francis Hall, Br Victor Dean Kamara and Br Peter Dowling.

I found the song by Joyce Johnson Rouse used to accompany the video on the CLT website very appropriate so here they are along with our message of active and prayerful support to our Leadership Team ...

"I am standing on the shoulders of the ones who came before me.
I am stronger for their courage; I am wiser for their words.
I am lifted by their longing; for a fair and brighter future.
I am grateful for their vision; for their toiling on this earth.

We are standing on the shoulders of the ones who came before us.
They are saints and they are humans;
they are angels, they are friends.
We can see beyond the struggles and the troubles and the challenge;
When we know that by our efforts things will be better in the end.

They lift me higher than I could ever fly.
Carrying my burdens away.
I imagine our world if they hadn’t tried.
We wouldn’t be here celebrating today.

I am standing on the shoulders of the ones who came before me.
I am honoured by their passion; for our liberty.
I will stand a little taller; I will work a little longer
and my shoulders will be there to hold the ones who follow me."


No comments: