Sunday, March 2, 2008

Looking in the eyes of a Child

One day I was watching the children playing with clay soil and I was amazed by what I saw. I looked at one of the children and what I saw in his eyes was determination and courage as he was manipulating the clay soil. I was impressed by his power, vision and ability in handling the soil. Because each brick the child was making from that soil was important so he had to handle it carefully. I noticed that he was focused and determined to perfectly achieve his mission.

From this short experience, I learned to be focused, determined and courageous in my work, I believe it takes the whole village to raise a child; all the people are involved. And my involvement with children especially those who are under privileged demands an open heart and love to do the work.

Children are a precious gift from God and we are privileged to play a part in making the future better for these children. As we all minister to these children in different areas, my prayer is that we may also be ministered to in our involvement with the children. It might look as if we are doing it in a little way but that same small way might make a big impact in the life of a child.

Jackson Mubela

No comments: