Saturday, December 5, 2009

The New Creation

The greatest challenge I have received from the cosmology work shop is the awareness that each being in the Universe is a product of that original small tiny particle that existed over 15 billion years ago and exploded with tremendous force and energy, and is still expanding forth today. Creation continues! It has been a totally new scientific story for me different from what I ever knew from school, not to mention the creation story that first taught me about the origin of the Earth.
However, the question that is left hanging for me is ‘where did this original matter and the enormous energy come from?’ This is where I feel that the journey made by the scientists to this point of discovery is not yet complete and therefore it gives me room to think that God existed even before the Universe. The existence of this substantial energy is the divine that shaped the stars and galaxies, the sun and the earth, and eventually shaped me and the things around me. This God have I discovered in the workshop - the Source of all Being
(Chris)

No comments: