Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Challenge of Ministry

I have realized ministry is not merely giving what I have but also sharing who I am. I was working in my usual ministry site despite the strike of the teachers. However during my interaction with the blind and deaf and dumb I realized the presence of one teacher who was teaching despite the government's delay with the payment of his salary.

I was not only moved with his worth while attitude to work, but also the answer he gave me when I asked him “what makes him different that he comes for work despite the strike?". The teacher said you know you can work for many hours with big payments but if whatever you do is of no certain life giving value to others, it is not worth doing it nor being paid for it.

The question that remains in me is what attitude do I take to ministry with me? Do I merely give what I have or do I share with others who I am?
(Sunday)

No comments: