Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Bigger God!

I have come to understand God can’t be possessed by one religion. God is revealed and contained equally in the Quran, the Bible and elements of African Traditional Religion.
Our Congregation Document, ‘Be my disciple’ states “I am waiting for you beyond your boundaries, your concepts, your understanding.” TICCS made me to reach here instead of criticizing all practices of Muslims, African practices, diviners and many others. I learnt I should let them say something to me.
Like one facilitator Dr Mohamed said our aim is one, Love of God and Neighbor, and there is nothing like Christian love, Muslim love or Traditional believers love of God.
With this unconditional love of God no one can define it in religions. The differences occur in vessels that we put the love of God in but the content or product is the same.
Now I have a bigger and wider image of God. As a Christian I can’t proclaim my religion to the best yet I must respect other religions and be at peace.
(Constantine)

No comments: