Monday, July 27, 2009

Being opened to relate

When I was thinking of the mentally challenged people I tended to always make grandiose statements of them being hostile. However, this has been challenged since I started working with the feeding program during my ministry time. Most people will even think negatively of them even before interacting with them. For me it was fear that was making me not to open my heart to them. Now that I am working and interacting with them I am not only happy but my happiness comes from fulfilling the primary purpose of life, that is love all humankind as I have loved you. I have also come to realize through my interaction and eating with the mentally challenged, a happy person has something to do, someone to love, somewhere to call home and something to hope for as Dr. Abdulai has done. Those brothers, sisters and parents may not yet be the happiest or best put together person you know, but for me the Lord hasn’t finished with them yet. All I have to do is to make them full members of our larger community making the world a better place for me and you and the entire universe.
(Constantine)

No comments: