Saturday, May 22, 2010

Br. Philip Pinto Visit

“Now master, you can let your servant go in peace, according to your word …” (Luke 2:29ff) this was the verse which I immediately recognized when I saw Br. Philip Pinto the congregation leader. Over the last two years as a postulant and a novice, I have heard quite a lot about him. I have read his reflections on the congregation document chapters and magazines. I have seen his images in various photographs however, I hadn’t met him physically and when I saw him, my joy could only be compared to the joy of Simeon experienced when the child Jesus was presented to him.

I was delighted to listen to him as he spoke to us. At first I couldn’t believe myself sitting and listening to him and worse still asking him questions. His own experience of God is quite unique and how it changed his ways of looking at things. It reminded me of being alert on what is going on within me and around me and that I shouldn’t take any small experience in my life for granted.

The biggest challenge to me was when he asked us whether we had had any experience of God that we hadn’t read anywhere or heard from anybody? To me it wasn’t easy but it was an invitation to go back and reflect how life is worth living.

Anyway it was a good experience to have Br. Philip around for he made me think bigger.

May God bless him.
(OTIENO)

No comments: