Sunday, April 12, 2009

Looking back at Holy Week

The night before Passion Sunday the community had a meeting on how to celebrate the holy week. Then, questions were raised in my mind on the significance and what it is all about. I think the week is all about love and service to all Christians.
Paying my attention to Good Friday when the church commemorates its origin from Christ, meditate on the Passion of the Lord and to intercede for the salvation of the longing world. I suppose this is time to remember the greatness of God’s Love for his people and creation not to torn and tear ourselves apart. I like how John presents the Passion story in his gospel not leaving us mourning or trembling, but he tries to help us realize that the suffering, crucifixion and burial is the Feast of glorification. Meditating on the crying out of Jesus, “Father into your hands I commend my Spirit” he knew that everything had been taken away except his spirit. ‘The Lord God formed man out of clay of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life’ (Gen 2:7)
This is the greatest gift God has given me and he wishes that at the end of my life, I should be able to happily say “Father into your hands I commend my Spirit” The only thing the world cannot take away from me - my spirit. My spirit lives forever, the question is to where after death?
(James)

No comments: