Monday, February 9, 2009

Introducing our 15 new men!!

Jordaan Sagarias Rikambura is my name, born in Keetmanshoop on the 26th of July 22 years ago and bred in Soutput my rural home village (Namibia). I am Otjiherero by tribe. We are six children in our family, 3 boys and 3 girls. I am the 3rd born. I completed my matric in 2003. My journey with the Christian Brothers started last year. I did my pre novitiate in Bulawayo (Zimbabwe). Mahatma Gandhi once said “Be the change you want to see in the world” and that’s why I am in Tamale, Ghana today.

I am Paul Mutuku Mbithi born on 2nd of November 1980 in Kangundo, Kenya in a family of eight, six brothers and two sisters and I am the sixth born. I am a Catechist and social worker by Profession. I knew the brothers for a long time but joined the pre-novitiate 2008 in Arusha, Tanzania. I like cycling and listening to music. Tamale is very hot but the people love their tradition.

My name is Chipango K.S Brian. I am Zambian by nationality, born on the 14th of January 1984, in Kalabo district, western province. I am the 2nd born in the family of four, two brothers and one sister. I received my secondary education at St. Columba’s in Lukulu. The school is run by the Christian Brothers, and that is where I came to meet them in 2004. In 2007 I was invited for a come and see programme in Moreau house, Mazabuka and that is where I did my postulancy as well. Tamale seems to be a good place to be, despite the hot weather.

Pengnyin Cornelius is my name. I am a Ghanaian from Wa, in the upper west region. My hometown is Nandom – Fielmuo. I am 29 years of age, born on 22nd September 1979. I am a Dagarti by tribe. I am from a polygamous family. I am the last born of the 1st wife. My mother has 3 sons and 1 daughter. My parents are not Christians. I am a Technician by profession. I did my pre-novitiate in Sierra-Leone last year. I like reading and watching TV.

I am Chrispinus Munialo. I was born in Busia district, western Kenya on 13 October 1983. I am Luhya by tribe but can speak Swahili. We are 8 in our family, me being the 2nd born. I met the brother’s way back in 2006. I was invited for a come and see in 2007 and joined the pre-novitiate in Arusha, Tanzania. I am trying to cope with the weather in Tamale. I hope to enjoy the novitiate and to learn a bit of dagbani.

I am Innocent Mubanga Likisi, born in a family of five, three boys and 2 girls. I did my education in Mongu, Western province in Zambia at St. John’s Secondary School. I did my pre-novitiate in Mazabuka 2008. I like listening to music, reading and interacting with people.

David Otieno Oyugi. I was born in family of four being the 1st born. I am a Kenyan and a Luo by tribe. I hold a diploma in social work and community development. “Risking being different” I joined the brothers and I did my pre-novitiate in Arusha, Tanzania and had a wonderful experience in the courses offered.

I, Peter Muthini Ndivo was born on the 12th of November 1981. I am a Kamba from Makueni, Kenya. I am the 4th born in a family of six, 2 brothers and 4 sisters. I studied in Magadi Primary and Magadi Secondary School. I did a course in computers in 2001 and catechetical training and formation in 2006 – 2007. I like swimming, table tennis, cycling, singing and being with the youths. I have worked with HIV patients and orphans during my pre-novitiate in Tanzania. I look forward to being a Christian Brother, entrusted with the service of humanity, enriching my spirituality and that of others.

This is Sydney Muponda. Born on August 7th 1988. First born of a brother and a sister. I grew and did my education in Kasama, northern Zambia. I am a patriotic Bemba by tribe. My hobbies include nature, music, cooking, soccer and discovering new people and places. It was in 2007 when I begun the search for Gods will to renew the earth with the Christian Brothers. “Go forth from your land” … now I am in Tamale, Ghana. So far it’s lovely hot weather but cool and friendly people around.

I am Constantine Sunday Otieno, born on 18 August 1986 in Nakuru district, Kenya in a family of six. In 2005 after my final secondary exams I did a certificate in computer studies. I joined my pre-novitiate in Arusha, Tanzania 2008 and was entrusted to dealing with mentally and physically disabled kids and later to a Vocational College where I was doing communication skills with the students. Tamale is a town which is developing compared to where I was. I am open to new possibilities and challenges.

My name is Peter Amara Kabia, I was born on the 31st May 1978 in a town called Lunsar, northern Sierra Leone. I am Temene by tribe and I am the 3rd born in a family of two girls and four boys. After my secondary school I went to pursue a Teachers Certificate for three years. I joined the Brothers in 2008. I did my pre-novitiate in Bo, Southern part of my Country. My hobbies are listening to the radio, singing and teaching.

James Malunga. I was born 1981 in Lusaka, Zambia. My hobbies are singing, reading, watching movies and discovering new things. I met the Brothers when I was in Teachers college in 2004 and I became interested. I am now at “Br Paul Noonan formation centre in Tamale, Ghana. Like Edmund Rice (founder of the Christian Brothers) I would like to take part in the formation of the youths and behavior change. Young men take a step and join us!

Hello! And welcome to my world. I am Nicholas Linus Odhiambo. I was born on 17th August 1984 in a family of eight, four boys and four girls, me being the sixth born. I was born and brought up in a village called Nyando, Kisumu. I am a Kenyan of the proud Luo tribe. I knew the Christian Brothers in 2006, August, but joined the pre-novitiate in Arusha Tanzania, January 2008 after which I was invited for the novitiate in Tamale. My hobbies are playing Volleyball, cycling and constructive reading. May Jesus live in our hearts.

I am John Foday Bainda. I was born in Jaima Bongor Chiefdom Bo district, Sierra Leone in the year 1979 on December 22nd. I have one sister and two brothers. I came to know the brothers from the time that I was an altar boy. I always saw them coming up to the altar assisting the priest during communion, but it was in 2006 when one of the Brothers was promoting vocation in our parish that I got to know the Brothers well by the information given to us as a group. I did my pre-novitiate in 2008 at the Formation House Pastoral Centre, Bo. I am impressed to see so many women riding bicycles and motorcycles all over town here in Tamale.

My name is Frank Borbor Jnr. I was born in the year 1978, 11th October at Jaiama Nimikore Kono district. I am a Sierra Leonean by nationality. I completed my secondary education at the Yengema Sec.School. I am holding a Diploma in Logistics/ Transport Management as well as a certificate in Computers. I am from a polygamous family, from my mum’s side we are four, 2 boys and 2 girls. I came in touch with the Christian Brothers in 1993 but decided to join them in 2007 for a come and see in Makeni. In 2008 I did my Pre- Novitiate in Bo. Now I am in Tamale for my novitiate. My hobbies are singing, reading and playing volleyball.

No comments: