Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our New Vehicle

Henry and myself drove down yesterday to Kumasi to pick up our new vehicle. Our old mini bus is now 10 years old and and has taken its fair share of battering over the years.

We booked for this new Toyota Hiace in early November. And on Tuesday I got the call to say that the vehicle was ready for delivery. We finalised all the paper work and got the mini bus registerd. Work is still in prgress with regard the transfer of ownership, and we still need to get the insurance done. I drove it back this morning. Its a good 'machine' and moves well. It is a lot more comfortable than the older one.

And I am sure it will serve the new set of novices well. Its first official "job" will be to drive the new group of novices from Accra to Tamale on the 31st of January 2009.

(My next blog entry will probably be from South Africa where I am travelling to tomorrow! I will be back in Tamale on the morning of 6th of January. Henry is holding fort all by himself until then.)

No comments: