Thursday, April 17, 2008

Springs of water in the desert!!!

In an email in the not too distant past i was sent a reflection by a good friend of mine in Cape Town. She has been so faithful in sending me reflections every month even though i have been very tardy in my response. Little does she know how her reflections bring life in arid lands allowing springs of water to flow!!

I share below a poem by Joyce Rupp that was part of the reflection.

Good Shepherd, who finds the lost one,
the "me" I have known has disappeared.
Will I ever recover the person I have been?
Will I ever find and feel good about myself again?
Will i discover who I am, and who I am becoming?
Protect me in this great vulnerability.
Assure me that I will come home to myself
even though my “self” may be different.
Silence my impatience.
Calm my worry.
Restore my joy.
Solace my distress.
Help me to befriend my new self
with tender hope and welcoming love.

Searching for Oneself -- Joyce Rupp
(Vivek)

No comments: