Monday, March 23, 2009

Embrace of Love

If Christ rose from the dead, then indeed he must be living somewhere and I should be able to find him in my everyday life. I am sure that Christ is not found in the Eucharist and the Gospels alone, but in the people I meet every day.
On Friday morning, I went to my ministry - distributing food to the mentally challenged people on the streets of Tamale. One of the ‘mad’ women rushed to me and embraced me and said “I love you”. I was confused and didn’t know what to do or say. The people around us laughed and told me I was a lucky man. I knew they did not mean what they said. I hesitated for sometime, then I gathered my courage and embraced the mad woman and said “I love you too.” I saw the joy and excitement in the woman’s eyes.
I now know I had met Jesus, I now know I am a lucky man, I now know Jesus told me “I love you” and I am glad I embraced him and said “I love you too”.
(Cornelius)

No comments: